Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Spotlight #1 DYLEN







Spotlight #1 is my niece Dylen Joy Ballard. Born September 30, 2006, this almost 2 1/2 year old is spunky and full of life to say the least. I will admit that being the youngest in my family I was a bit reserved in welcoming a new one (afterall, I was used to being the baby) so when Ryan and Misty announced that I was going to be an Aunt I had mixed emotions. Dylen was a little early which caused a scare. Dad, Mom and I drove up to Modesto the day she was born and I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw that tiny baby in the NICU. It was definitely love at first sight, from that moment on I have absolutely LOVED being an Aunt! It is amazing, all the fun with none of the responsibility:) Unfortunately they live in Northern California so I don't get to see them as much as I would like, but I love the trips that I am able to make up there or the visits down here in San Diego. Dylen has captured my heart, which allows her to turn me into her 24 hour playmate when I am around. Even though I'm exhausted by the end of a visit there is something about hearing that little one in her cute voice say, "Aunt Cari play with me", that makes it impossible to turn down. She even has Ken and I repeating her simple catch phrases like, "No way man" and "I ate it all gone." Ken was finally able to meet Dylen over Christmas when they came to San Diego for a visit which was a treat in itself. Obviously I love this kid, but hey, what can I say? She made me an Aunt and that is a bond that can never be broken. Here's to our little Dylie Bean!

3 comments:

brooke said...

She really is so very cute! Some day I'll get to meet her I hope! And why am I NOT surprised to see you riding alongside her on a trike at the store? Love it!

mistyb said...

too cute and what a fun idea!! She loves her aunt cari!! as for the list you go to customize, add page element, and then to link list, there you will be able to type in the web address and the name of the site. Pretty easy. As for the picture question there should be a couple tabs at the top when you are posting, edit html and compose, when you are in the edit html tab you can cut and past the links, rearrange pictures etc. on the compose part you should be able to actually see the pictures and add words in between them. let me know if you still have trouble! Love ya!

mistyb said...

p.s. love the picture of pedro!! :)