Monday, June 16, 2008

Mud Run







There is an annual 10k Mud Run at Camp Pendleton every year and I have always wanted to give it a go so this year Brooke and I (along with others in her family) did it. It was 6.7 miles of hills and obstacles that seriously kicked my butt!! There was a part where you have to cross a lake after running through the mud pits and climbing over the walls, it was my favorite part because I actually got to swim it and let me legs rest for a bit. We were advised to duct tape our shoes on so they wouldn't come off; about 2 minutes into it my feet felt like bricks from the mud, sand and water. After the mud crawl to the finish line I can honestly say I have never been prouder of myself. It was the hardest race I have ever done and I loved it! We have decided to make it an annual event for us, next year I'll be better prepared for sure!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Cari that is awesome you did the mud run. Every year I want to do that! Hopefully I will before we move out of state. You are awesome!

Steve and Cyndi said...

I've never heard of the mud run. That is AWESOME! I'm so impressed that you could even do it! I looked at the map, and seriously, that would kick much more that my butt! YOUR'RE awesome!

mistyb said...

good job that's an awesome accomplishment!!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

You are Amazing! How fun! I would love to do something like this so would Scott..you totally have bragging rights on this one! What an accomplishment!

cara said...

Great job! It looks like so much fun.

brooke said...

Hooray! That was totally awesome! Go us! If only there was one every month! That would really motivate me. =)