Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hardcore Foosball Championship

My parents and I got Ken a foosball table for Christmas. This was probably the best present ever because I have totally reaped the rewards! It is in Ken's apartment and we spend A LOT of time playing. One night Ken made a ring out of a dollar and for some reason he put it on one of the goalie's heads, it then became our crown. Whoever wins the game gets to wear the crown. We play with real rules, no spinning that is. That was hard for me to get used to, but now I definitely hold my own. Ken's is the blue side and mine is the red and let me tell you the red side is definitely the crown wearer. I will admit that this is not always fair though because if Ken wins I'll want to keep playing, but only until I win so I can get the crown back. Then I call it a day and my team continues to be the champions. Ken's a pretty good sport about this, or at least was until the one time I let it slide and came to work with the crown on his team. I got a message that day of his guy with the crown and a recording with it that kept saying, "Number one, number one, number one, who's number one." This repeated over and over, it was pretty funny though and I now use that as his ringtone. I have a feeling that this is a championship that will go on forever!!




2 comments:

mistyb said...

love the crown!! too much fun for you guys!

Unknown said...

Cari is a very fierce competitor. It can be a little scary when she really gets fired up! Maybe instead of a crown we should use a helmet.